Tuesday, September 05, 2006

FANTASY GUYLAND

I have a problem. I am living in a fantasy world.

Fantasy football world, to be precise.

The problem is that I can't tell people "no" when they ask me to join their league. I am a fantasy sports junkie and I reflexively accept every invitation I receive. This year I may have gone too far.

This year I am in 9 leagues.

Okay, it's not as bad as it sounds. They're not all full-scale fantasy leagues with drafts and player rosters and trades. Just most of them. Here's an inventory of my NFL-season-related activities. I'm in 1 Yahoo Fantasy football PLUS league, 3 Yahoo Fantasy Football standard leagues, 1 CBS Sportsline fantasy football league, 1 Yahoo survivor football Pick'em league, 1 Yahoo Salary Cap Fantasy Football League, 1 PoolHost survivor football Pick'em league, and 1 PoolHost standard football pick'em league. It's a lot to keep track of, but I'm committed to being competitive, especially when I've got $$ riding on most of these.

I actually need a Spreadsheet to keep track of my teams, strategies, and activities. It's a full time job, let me tell you. I don't know when I'm going to find the time to actually WORK. Besides bathroom breaks, of course.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to prepare for my final draft of the season by pre-ranking the league's top 250 players. Shouldn't take but a couple hours...

No comments:

I SEE YOU!