Thursday, June 23, 2005

THE MERCURY SPOON

Is it just me, or are too many people fascinated with what Paris Hilton does…which, as near as I can tell, is nothing. To me, her glorified persona seems to be emblematic of what, in large part, is wrong with modern America. Parents are too often concerned with making sure their children have MONEY instead of things that really matter, like values and an education. Money is good (and necessary) for things like food, shelter, and health care. But values and an education are what ensure our children, as adults, can provide food, shelter, and health care for themselves. If you give your child enough fish to last for a lifetime, they will overeat, get fat and grow lazy. If you TEACH your child to fish, they will eat fresh for the rest of their life. No, I'm not talking about Subway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got your e-mail and came right over here...great to hear from you again!!!

Anonymous said...

ditto to what anonymous just said! Glad ayntk is back, and the "blog" format is great. I don't miss topica at all, let me tell you.

Welcome back, Terry

Anonymous said...

It's about "F"ing time. Welcome back, my friend, into in- boxes everywhere. PeterN

I SEE YOU!