Tuesday, June 28, 2005

TWENTY QUESTIONS

You're probably already familiar with the concept of this game. You think of something - virtually anything - and players can ask up to 20 questions in guessing what you're thinking of. Each "yes or no" question is designed to narrow the field of possibilities until you're comfortable fielding a guess.

There's now an online computer program that will play with you - and it's pretty damn sharp. I managed to stump it 5 or 6 times, but it wasn't easy. I had to dig real deep.

Check it out here: http://www.20q.net/ or click on the header to this post. It's a great time waster...and the best part is, the program learns from playing with you. The more people who play the game, the smart the A.I. gets.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This game has been around for a couple years, so if it really is a learning game(accumulating database), it must know a hell of a lot. Now if it could tell the future when asked the right questions....ah, I smell money.

Anonymous said...

Great time waster. I was totally amazed when it guessed "bird bath" and "salt", but I finally stumped it with "picture frame".

Anonymous said...

I tried Map - the game lost and then got all snooty with me. Bascically it told me that it disagreed with all of my answers.
Stupid A.I.

Sheila K said...

I'm with you anon (I & II). I stumped it with "calendar". It then argued with me. I asked, "Can it be entertaining?" You said, "Sometimes", I say "No". I pulled out my Trunk Monkey and had him shove a Dilbert calendar up the arse of the 20q.net! Don't tell ME that Dilbert isn't entertaining! (well, not as much as it used to be, but still entertaining...)

I SEE YOU!