Tuesday, May 11, 2004

PLANETARY INTERCOURSE

Looks like we may have a 10th planet. Scientists in Louisiana and
Britain have independently reported that, by tracing comets through our solar system, it appears a massive planet, or perhaps even a failed star, may exist on the fringe 3 trillion miles away. But because astronomers aren’t sure, they’ve refrained from naming it just yet. In the spirit of Uranus, I’d like to offer the name Mipenus. Then Pluto and Neptune would become the most important planets in our solar system, separating Mipenus from Uranus.

4 comments:

Eric said...

Judging from the recent post in your web log being dated mid May 2004, I doubt you'll receive this comment. But I have to say, this post was quite hilarious.

Pamela Goodwin-Daniels said...

Being the feminist that I would always think that I would like to be perceived to be, when I am being perceived to be anything, I would like to offer the name for this new (alleged) planet, as: "Migina", as "Mipenus" is redundant.

Contact me! said...

Dr. Barnyard Friend!

I see it didn't take you long to enjoy the interactive feature of the new-and-improved AYNtK. For your files, I have it on good authority that my member is "surprisingly large." The news surprised me too. As a result, I don't feel I will need to table your suggestion - but I thank you for it!

Anonymous said...

Kept the office laughing for 10 mins.

I SEE YOU!