Thursday, June 28, 2007

A COOL NEW WAY TO GET FROM A TO B

Something we take for granted just got better. Don't you love when that happens? Think about how hard it used to be to get directions anywhere. You had to pull out a big map and start plotting points and planning a route, or your friend would give you landmarks to look for and you'd fill up the back of an envelope with chicken scratch notes.

Not these days. These days we say, "What's the address?" and we Mapquest it. Or Yahoo Maps. Or, my new favorite, Google maps. Why is it my favorite? I'm so glad you asked! Because now if you don't like the route they gave you, you can change it by dragging the blue route line. Try it out for yourself here!

I used to get so frustrated when MapQuest would give me a shitty route and I had to fudge starting points to get a different route. Now I just have to drag the line and the program resets all the directions to accommodate the new route. Very useful!

Life just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

No comments:

I SEE YOU!