Wednesday, May 16, 2007

DOWNSIZING LILLIES

Every once in a while you overhear the strangest things. I love picking up phrases out of thin air, and out of context. For example, on my way to work I passed a couple of women on the street, and one was explaining to the other:

"He said he knew her, but he didn't know that was her gun."

That's all I got - but I felt suddenly immersed in an episode of Law & Order. Good stuff. And then a friend e-mailed me about a co-worker who uttered the phrases, in all seriousness, "I am not going to be a shrinking lily!"

Who says that? In fact, I was so intrigued by the choice of words, I decided to use that line myself today at the office. It promptly received a chorus of "huh?" and "what?" and "pardon?" So I repeated it, slowly. And everyone just turned around and went back to work, nodding their heads in silent agreement that I am completely insane.

Your mission today is to work in the phrase: "I am not going to be shrinking lily" without letting on that it is a joke. An inside joke - between you and a silly monkey with a typewriter.

Now go!

No comments:

I SEE YOU!