Monday, June 27, 2005

SEE SAW

I saw the movie “Saw” last week - a relatively new release starring Danny Glover and Cary Elwes. When I rented it, I had no idea what the hell it was about – only that the cover of the DVD case displayed what appeared to be a severed hand and foot. And that was more than enough to pique my twisted interest.

So how was it?

It was a real slice. Seriously, though – it wasn't at all what I expected. It was good. VERY good. It’s not a slasher flick, or a horror movie. It’s more of a crime drama, much akin to the hit film “Seven” starring Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman. If you liked “Seven,” I highly recommend you see “Saw.”

Get it? See Saw?

Nevermind.

It is a bit disturbing in a couple of spots - but the storyline and storytelling are both very well done. And when you get to the end, you'll shit your pants in a fit of surprise and have to watch the movie all over again. Really. Wear a diaper.

And if you don't already know what it's about - DON'T read the box. Just watch it.

No comments:

I SEE YOU!