Friday, June 24, 2005

GRAMMAR SUCKS

Why does “i” come before “e” EXCEPT after “c”? What the hell is that all about? They couldn’t just make a rule…they had to have an exception to fuck everybody up. Why can’t we spell “receipt” as “reciept”? Sure, it looks funny now – but only because that’s the way you learned it. At first I thought it was because the letters "c" and "i" just didn't get along. But they get along just great in Cinder, Reciprocate, and Rescind. The "e" is the troublemaker, always causing problems. The "e" is privileged - it gets special consideration. Well, I'm against it. I'm going to start boycotting th l*tt*r "*" right now b*caus* I don't think I n**d it anymor*.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot "except when it rhymes with weigh and neigh"

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I've never heard that.
What about the word science? Ü

Contact me! said...

Yeah! What about science?!?! All of these damn exceptions to the rule! I don't like it.

I SEE YOU!